IG Field Service Technician
Glaston America, Inc. is actively seeking an IG field service technician to assist with the installation and technical support of high precision glass processing equipment across North America. Qualified candidates will be skilled in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering in an industrial environment, exhibit strong hands-on mechanical and electrical aptitude, be a team player, and enjoy traveling. Strong interpersonal skills and a customer focus are also critical. Up to 80% travel is required.
Our corporate office is located in Cherry Hill, New Jersey although the position is open for any applicants based in the United States.
- Field service for Glaston machinery
- Installation, start-up, and commissioning of new machinery
- Instruct customers on-site in machine operation, safety, and maintenance
- Perform preventive maintenance and emergency repairs
- Provide technical support to customers
- Technical Trade School or Associates degree in electrical or mechanical engineering with 1-year of experience in an industrial setting
- 4-years electrical or mechanical engineering / maintenance experience in an industrial environment in-lieu of a degree
- Experience in an electrically based industrial role with a strong mechanical background is preferred, but recent graduates are also eligible and encouraged to apply
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting aptitude
- Solid hands-on experience with electrical and mechanical tools
- Self starter with demonstrated ability to work efficiently with little supervision
- Field service or traveling experience desired
- Located within 1 hour of an international airport
- Willing to travel for extended periods with short notice including weekend work
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with PLC logic and CNC systems is beneficial
- Fluency in German and/or Spanish is beneficial, but not mandatory
- Hourly non-exempt position starting at $30 - $35+ / hour depending on experience
- Estimated first year salary $75,000 - $100,000 including over time
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 2 weeks vacation, 6 days PTO, and company holidays
- Lucrative travel and expenses program
- Company issued specialty tools, laptop, uniform, cellphone reimbursement, etc.
- Service & Installation
- Field Service & Installation
- Cherry Hill, USA
Cherry Hill, USA
There are many reasons why working at Glaston may be right for you. Here are just a few:
Grow with us.
We continuously aim at bringing new technology solutions and innovations to the glass processing market. You have the opportunity to work together with the best experts in the field. We focus on a high level of know-how and enable you to develop an inspiring career path with us.
Seeing it through
is one of our values. It can be seen in everything we do as trust and respect for one another. We invest in your wellbeing and development opportunities. We take our work seriously but give you flexibility and a relaxed atmosphere to do your job.
Best customer experience
For us, creating the best possible customer experience is what our work is all about. We have a passion for high-quality glass performance – and this can be seen in all we do. We’re proud to help glass processors reach their goals by supporting them with the most modern technology.
Our commitment. Your success.
We’re in the business of creating the finest glass production manufacturing technology with passion and pride.
We are a leading provider of glass processing technologies and services, responding globally to glass processing requirements within the architectural, automotive, solar energy equipment and display industries.
IG Field Service Technician
Loading application form
Already working at Glaston?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.